Friday 18 November 2011

How To Stay Positive When Life Knocks You Down! 5 Tips

By Julianne Rowat
There are so many hardships going on in the world today. Our economy is in the worst recession ever. Our dollar is loosing it's value. More people are out of work than ever. There are more homeless families than there has ever been before. And it seems like every time you turn a corner, some one is getting cancer. With all this in life going on, how ever can a person continue to stay positive?

I was one of those, like so many thousands of other people, that was knocked down when the fall of the real estate market came. Everything was lost, so I felt! The only thing that kept me going was to stay positive, no matter how hard it was.
Knock Out The Negative Noise
I had to keep telling myself that this was not the end. That this was NOT how my life was suppose to be. I had to knock out the negative noise that was in my head and focus on only the positive.
Eventually things got a little better, then I got breast cancer. Talk about a blow to positive thinking! You start questioning yourself, "How can this be happening?" "Why Me?", "Is there any thing else you want to throw at me?"
I had to think long and hard about this one. What good would it be to become negative now? There really could be many more things that could go wrong. I learned to put a smile back on my face, be happy and stay positive no matter what. I beat that nasty old breast cancer, and my life is get better and better.
A few tips on keeping that stiff upper lip and staying positive are:
One: When something bad happens, take a deep breath, don't overreact and then think about what the worst outcome could be. Then think of the bright side of what happened. Believe it or not there always is a bright side, whether you think so at the time or not.
Two: Think of an opportunity to turn the bad situation into a good situation. For instance, I never thought of how many job opportunities there are on the internet until I lost all my money in the real estate market. Now I am climbing back to the top with my online home business. Albert Einstein said: "In the middle of every difficulty, lies opportunity.
Three: Realize how bad you feel when you are having negative feelings. Is it really worth it? Now realize how awesome you feel and how beautiful life really looks when you are having positive feelings. It really is hard just to go from feeling bad to feeling good. The best way to change your feelings is to think of something that makes you happy and then go there in your mind.
Four: The worst thing you can ever do, is to watch all the garbage that is going on in the news, whether it is on the television or in the news paper. It's ok to know what is going on in the world, but don't indulge yourself in it, especially when it is negative. All that does is make you feel worse and think that there is never going to be an end to all the bad stuff happening to you. Instead of listening or reading bad news, read a motivational book, or watch a comedy. You will be surprised at how your feelings will change, when you sit there and laugh until you cry at a funny movie.
Five: Most of all stay away from negative people and situations. The last thing you need when you're feeling down is someone else that is down. Get around up beat happy people. When I had to go through my radiation treatments for my breast cancer, the staff was the most inspiring, upbeat, and happy people I have ever come across. What a difference it made having to go have radiation every day.
It really can be hard staying positive in such a negative world. But, really open your eyes and your heart, there is a million to one in positive energy versus negative energy around you, if you let it in!
Julianne Rowat, the author, is an online home business entrepreneur. She writes to energize people and to show them how to create their own financial freedom. Her husband and her travel all around the United States in their motor home while working their online home business. Their mission is to help others all over the world succeed in their own online home business.
To find out more, check out their blog at:
http://www.juliannerowatsblog.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment